Opening a franchise can be a hugely rewarding experience – both financially and personally. Not only do you have the autonomy to build your own business, but you also have the structure and the framework of being part of a national chain with four decades of history in the pool supply and service industry.
If you're ready to become part of the Pinch A Penny family, here's what you need to do to take the next steps to owning a franchise:
- 1. Fill out our Preliminary Interest Questionnaire. To start, you'll fill out a quick questionnaire, and we'll send over a Step-by-Step Franchise Development Process guide to help you along. We also encourage you to visit store locations and speak with current franchisees.
- 2. Follow-up Call and Franchise Application. Next, you'll speak to our development manager to answer any franchise questions you have and give you more information about your specific market. You'll also fill out our franchise application.
- 3. Disclosure Meeting. At the Disclosure Meeting, you'll receive a copy of our FDD (or Franchise Disclosure Document) which includes a copy of our franchise agreement, financial statements, a list of franchise owners, and financial performance representations.
- 4. Business Plan and Discovery Day. You'll complete a business plan for your new store location while waiting for the next Discovery Day. These are scheduled throughout the year and offer prospective franchise owners a chance to spend time at our corporate office to meet our executive team and tour our facilities.
- 5. Approval, Site Selection, Build Out & Training. Once you've been approved as a Pinch A Penny franchisee, you'll work with our team to secure a location; finalize store layout, design, and permitting; and attend our training program.
- 6. Opening Day! Our team will help finalize any last-minute details for your location, such as fixture installation and store merchandising. And once you're ready to open, our Advertising Department will help you kick off grand opening marketing campaigns to get the word out.